PSS College Success
Project Stepping Stone's College Success program is designed for rising college freshmen or PSS Alumni (PSS High School Program graduates) who are currently enrolled in a college/university. This new program is now offered over the course of ONE summer weekend and was developed as an academic and professional support for Latino students.
Studies have shown that although many Hispanic students enter college, a high rate do not graduate. PSS has developed this college program as a critical intervention with our PSS Alumni to help increase graduation rates and to also offer the needed support to promote academic success.
Each year, ONLY twenty-five college students are accepted into this important program. These spots are highly sought-after and have proven to lead to actual job placements and internships.
This program creates a very intimate environment providing greater one-on-one interaction with our college students. PSS College Success provides students with guidance, mentor matching, career path development and personal encouragement that is needed when students are away from home during the academic year.
- Welcome Dinner
- Go over weekend itinerary
- Learn from Guest Speakers
- Enhance academic and professional skills using tools that will make you marketable to future employers
- Interactive sessions with peers
- One-on-one resume advice
- Set goals and reach them
- Meet your professional mentor who is willing to keep in touch with you during your academic studies and to help keep you motivated